Aquileia: archaeological Museum
The archaeological museum was founded in 1882 in the premises of villa Cassis. It consists of 11 showrooms and it is surrounded by a wonderful garden with large porches under which there is a collection of lapidary inscriptions. The porches lead to the storehouses but also to a small room where you will see a Roman ship discovered off Grado in 1996.
The finds date back to between the end of the 2nd century BC and the 4th century AD. The majority of the finds come from Aquileia, while the rest are from surrounding areas.
Aquileia - Aiello
The Stages of the Way
- Prologue: Barbana - Aquileia
- 1. Aquileia - Aiello del Friuli
- 2. Aiello del Friuli - Cormons
- 3. Cormons - Castelmonte
- 4. Castelmonte - Masarolis
- 5. Masarolis - Montemaggiore
- 6. Montemaggiore - Rifugio A.N.A.
- 6bis. Var. Montemaggiore - Val Torre
- 7. Rifugio A.N.A. - Prato di Resia
- 8. Prato di Resia - Dogna
- 9. Dogna - Valbruna
- 10. Valbruna - Monte Lussari