Monastero: the early-Christian Museum
The small village of Monastero is at the end of the “Via Sacra” road. In its big square you will find a unique early-Christian museum. The premises of the museum are actually those of an early-Christian basilica renovated several times throughout the centuries.
Originally placed out of town, it belonged to a Benedictine monastery after which the small town has been subsequently named ("Monastero" means "monastery"). Some of the most interesting finds in the museum are the Christian grave inscriptions.
Aquileia - Aiello
The Stages of the Way
- Prologue: Barbana - Aquileia
- 1. Aquileia - Aiello del Friuli
- 2. Aiello del Friuli - Cormons
- 3. Cormons - Castelmonte
- 4. Castelmonte - Masarolis
- 5. Masarolis - Montemaggiore
- 6. Montemaggiore - Rifugio A.N.A.
- 6bis. Var. Montemaggiore - Val Torre
- 7. Rifugio A.N.A. - Prato di Resia
- 8. Prato di Resia - Dogna
- 9. Dogna - Valbruna
- 10. Valbruna - Monte Lussari