english deutsch italiano español slovenščina furlan

Aiello del Friuli: the friars’ monastery

The still standing monastery of San Domenico (St. Dominic) greets the approaching pilgrim. Its construction commenced in 1716 and the complex consists of a main body (now designated for residential use) and the bell tower.

This photo shows a group of pilgrims heading for the second stage of the Heavenly Way.