Cormons: sanctuary of the Mystical Rose
Behind the statue there is a Monastic building that was first managed by the Dominicans and then by the Sisters of Charity of the Christian Doctrine (whose mission was to teach catechism to girls). After a series of miracles and healings occurred, the monastery became a pilgrimage destination.
It was consecrated in 1779 and dedicated to St. Catherine of Siena, protector of the Sisters of Charity.
The statue in front of the Sanctuary, standing in the public square, represents Emperor Maximilian I.
Aiello - Cormons
The Stages of the Way
- Prologue: Barbana - Aquileia
- 1. Aquileia - Aiello del Friuli
- 2. Aiello del Friuli - Cormons
- 3. Cormons - Castelmonte
- 4. Castelmonte - Masarolis
- 5. Masarolis - Montemaggiore
- 6. Montemaggiore - Rifugio A.N.A.
- 6bis. Variante in caso di maltempo
- 7. Rifugio A.N.A. - Prato di Resia
- 8. Prato di Resia - Dogna
- 9. Dogna - Valbruna
- 10. Valbruna - Monte Lussari