Abbazia di Rosazzo: the abbey
The abbey complex as a whole recalls a fortified hamlet arranged around the church of St. Peter Martyr, renovated in the 16th century.
The site has a sort of "medieval taste" that will make you think of the past. And in the past, indeed, there was a 9th century oratory here, while in the 11th century the Eppenstein family fortified the medieval complex turning it into a military fortress. Then the site passed on to the Augustinians and finally to the Benedictine monks.
Cormons - Abbazia di Rosazzo
The Stages of the Way
- Prologue: Barbana - Aquileia
- 1. Aquileia - Aiello del Friuli
- 2. Aiello del Friuli - Cormons
- 3. Cormons - Castelmonte
- 4. Castelmonte - Masarolis
- 5. Masarolis - Montemaggiore
- 6. Montemaggiore - Rifugio A.N.A.
- 6bis. Var. Montemaggiore - Val Torre
- 7. Rifugio A.N.A. - Prato di Resia
- 8. Prato di Resia - Dogna
- 9. Dogna - Valbruna
- 10. Valbruna - Monte Lussari