Spignon: the little church of Santo Spirito (Holy Spirit)
The little church of Santo Spirito was built in the 11th century. At that time the church was surrounded by the woods of Mount Madlessiena. Unfortunately, during WWII the church was completely destroyed. It was rebuilt only in 1949.
The altar in the church is not the original 18th century one, which was lost. At the sides of the altar there are now two wooden statues representing St. Nicholas and St. Sebastian. There is also a sacristy and, left of the choir, the bell tower. It is quite low and stocky but equipped with three bells.
Castelmonte - Masarolis
The Stages of the Way
- Prologue: Barbana - Aquileia
- 1. Aquileia - Aiello del Friuli
- 2. Aiello del Friuli - Cormons
- 3. Cormons - Castelmonte
- 4. Castelmonte - Masarolis
- 5. Masarolis - Montemaggiore
- 6. Montemaggiore - Rifugio A.N.A.
- 6bis. Variante in caso di maltempo
- 7. Rifugio A.N.A. - Prato di Resia
- 8. Prato di Resia - Dogna
- 9. Dogna - Valbruna
- 10. Valbruna - Monte Lussari