Chiusaforte is a small village situated downstream of a natural narrowing of the Fella River, between the Carnic Pre-Alps and the Julian Pre-Alps. Thanks to its position, in the past the village was a relevant strategic site.
The Patriarch of Aquileia wanted to build a fortress here (called "Chiusa", hence the name "Chiusaforte"). Whoever wanted to pass through the village had to pay a toll.
Prato di Resia - Dogna
The Stages of the Way
- Prologue: Barbana - Aquileia
- 1. Aquileia - Aiello del Friuli
- 2. Aiello del Friuli - Cormons
- 3. Cormons - Castelmonte
- 4. Castelmonte - Masarolis
- 5. Masarolis - Montemaggiore
- 6. Montemaggiore - Rifugio A.N.A.
- 7. Rifugio A.N.A. - Prato di Resia
- 8. Prato di Resia - Dogna
- 9. Dogna - Valbruna
- 10. Valbruna - Monte Lussari