The origins of this village are actually unknown.
The only known piece of information is that between the 7th and 8th century the valley was invaded by Slavic tribes (indeed the name Dogna is likely to come from Dolina, Doligna, which in some Slavic languages means "placed at the bottom").
Prato di Resia - Dogna
The Stages of the Way
- Prologue: Barbana - Aquileia
- 1. Aquileia - Aiello del Friuli
- 2. Aiello del Friuli - Cormons
- 3. Cormons - Castelmonte
- 4. Castelmonte - Masarolis
- 5. Masarolis - Montemaggiore
- 6. Montemaggiore - Rifugio A.N.A.
- 7. Rifugio A.N.A. - Prato di Resia
- 8. Prato di Resia - Dogna
- 9. Dogna - Valbruna
- 10. Valbruna - Monte Lussari