Perteole: toward Perteole
The WW1 trenches East of Ruda belonged to the 4th resistance line called "Linea degli Argini" meaning "line of the river banks". Indeed the trenches ran along the right river bank of the Torre river and expanded to a double line of trenches near the bridge on the Cervignano-Gradisca road.
The trenches of the 5th resistance line called "Linea di Medea" crossed the area south of Perteole. The biggest of them is really worth a visit and it has been used recently to host historical re-enactments.
Aquileia - Aiello
The Stages of the Way
- Prologue: Barbana - Aquileia
- 1. Aquileia - Aiello del Friuli
- 2. Aiello del Friuli - Cormons
- 3. Cormons - Castelmonte
- 4. Castelmonte - Masarolis
- 5. Masarolis - Montemaggiore
- 6. Montemaggiore - Rifugio A.N.A.
- 6bis. Variante in caso di maltempo
- 7. Rifugio A.N.A. - Prato di Resia
- 8. Prato di Resia - Dogna
- 9. Dogna - Valbruna
- 10. Valbruna - Monte Lussari