Perteole: the little church of St. Andrew
The little church of St. Andrew is full of historical mementos and artefacts such as Latin inscriptions, Maxentian reliefs, 13th century frescoes depicting the Martyrdom of St. Andrew, as well as 15th-16th century frescoes depicting Saints on the Archway.
In 1989, during archaeological excavations in the South-West corner of the church, the archaeologists found a small treasure: 1164 silver coins in a clay pot. There were coins depicting Patriarch Berthold of Andechs, the Bishops of Trieste and Voltaico and Duke Bernhard II of Carinthia. The coins date back to 1218-1260 and are now part of the exhibition of the Archaeological Museum of Cividale.
Aquileia - Aiello
The Stages of the Way
- Prologue: Barbana - Aquileia
- 1. Aquileia - Aiello del Friuli
- 2. Aiello del Friuli - Cormons
- 3. Cormons - Castelmonte
- 4. Castelmonte - Masarolis
- 5. Masarolis - Montemaggiore
- 6. Montemaggiore - Rifugio A.N.A.
- 6bis. Var. Montemaggiore - Val Torre
- 7. Rifugio A.N.A. - Prato di Resia
- 8. Prato di Resia - Dogna
- 9. Dogna - Valbruna
- 10. Valbruna - Monte Lussari