"Patriarcha sedit in Cormono annos 200": (In 200 AD Cormons was the seat of the Patriarchate), this is what a document dated 1159 reads, revealing what must have been the happiest time – historically speaking – for Cormons. Nevertheless this document is not very accurate.
Indeed, according to eminent academics, Cormons was the seat of the Patriarchate no sooner than in 610 AD, when Patriarch John moved there. In 735 AD Patriarch Callistus moved the seat of the patriarchate back to Cividale.
Cormons - Castelmonte
The Stages of the Way
- Prologue: Barbana - Aquileia
- 1. Aquileia - Aiello del Friuli
- 2. Aiello del Friuli - Cormons
- 3. Cormons - Castelmonte
- 4. Castelmonte - Masarolis
- 5. Masarolis - Montemaggiore
- 6. Montemaggiore - Rifugio A.N.A.
- 7. Rifugio A.N.A. - Prato di Resia
- 8. Prato di Resia - Dogna
- 9. Dogna - Valbruna
- 10. Valbruna - Monte Lussari