Cormons: the Cathedral’s bell tower
The bell tower of the Cathedral is the second highest in the whole Diocese of Gorizia, second only to the one in Aquileia. The area around the Cathedral is quite interesting: it is actually a double horseshoe-shaped centa (defensive wall) from the 13th century.
Walking on the right side of the centa you will arrive in Piazzetta Square. There you will find an ancient niche on the wall of a house. Inside the niche there is a fresco depicting the Virgin Mary with the Christ Child and the pale traces of two small churches.
Cormons - Castelmonte
The Stages of the Way
- Prologue: Barbana - Aquileia
- 1. Aquileia - Aiello del Friuli
- 2. Aiello del Friuli - Cormons
- 3. Cormons - Castelmonte
- 4. Castelmonte - Masarolis
- 5. Masarolis - Montemaggiore
- 6. Montemaggiore - Rifugio A.N.A.
- 6bis. Variante in caso di maltempo
- 7. Rifugio A.N.A. - Prato di Resia
- 8. Prato di Resia - Dogna
- 9. Dogna - Valbruna
- 10. Valbruna - Monte Lussari