Castelmonte: the mount
Castelmonte's origins are ancient and are likely to date back to the beginnings of Christianity even if some relevant documents date the origins back to the year 1000 AD.
It is also likely that at first Castelmonte was just a sacellum, a small church subsequently enlarged and adorned, after which it underwent no major changes.
Cormons - Castelmonte
The Stages of the Way
- Prologue: Barbana - Aquileia
- 1. Aquileia - Aiello del Friuli
- 2. Aiello del Friuli - Cormons
- 3. Cormons - Castelmonte
- 4. Castelmonte - Masarolis
- 5. Masarolis - Montemaggiore
- 6. Montemaggiore - Rifugio A.N.A.
- 7. Rifugio A.N.A. - Prato di Resia
- 8. Prato di Resia - Dogna
- 9. Dogna - Valbruna
- 10. Valbruna - Monte Lussari