Monte Santo di Lussari
Built in the 14th century, through the centuries the Sanctuary has been widened, remodelled and rebuilt when damaged during wartime.
Pilgrims come here every year from Friuli, Austria and Slovenia. This is why this Sanctuary is also known as the Marian Shrine "of the three peoples".
The Val Canale Valley is a unique example of peaceful coexistence between peoples of different origin: "neo-Latin" (or Italian), Slavic and Germanic.
- website: Sanctuary of Monte Lussari
Valbruna - Monte Lussari
The Stages of the Way
- Prologue: Barbana - Aquileia
- 1. Aquileia - Aiello del Friuli
- 2. Aiello del Friuli - Cormons
- 3. Cormons - Castelmonte
- 4. Castelmonte - Masarolis
- 5. Masarolis - Montemaggiore
- 6. Montemaggiore - Rifugio A.N.A.
- 6bis. Variante in caso di maltempo
- 7. Rifugio A.N.A. - Prato di Resia
- 8. Prato di Resia - Dogna
- 9. Dogna - Valbruna
- 10. Valbruna - Monte Lussari