San Pietro Chiazzacco: the little Church of the "Three Kings"
There are several little churches scattered among the valleys of the Natisone and Iudrio rivers.
They are characterised by the traditional architectural style of the 15th and 16th centuries and usually stand on a hill, near medieval ruins or, though rarely, close to villages.
The reason why these churches are usually in isolated places or far from villages is that since the first centuries of the Christian era this area was affected by conflicts and invasions and it was necessary to take refuge in places safe from plunderers.
Cormons - Castelmonte
The Stages of the Way
- Prologue: Barbana - Aquileia
- 1. Aquileia - Aiello del Friuli
- 2. Aiello del Friuli - Cormons
- 3. Cormons - Castelmonte
- 4. Castelmonte - Masarolis
- 5. Masarolis - Montemaggiore
- 6. Montemaggiore - Rifugio A.N.A.
- 7. Rifugio A.N.A. - Prato di Resia
- 8. Prato di Resia - Dogna
- 9. Dogna - Valbruna
- 10. Valbruna - Monte Lussari